Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fibulary Hemimelia Before (2 Timothy 2:3 -Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.)

Sometimes I need reminding of just why we are going through with this surgery, and yesterday I was reminded.  Ethan's leg length difference seems to have grown much worse this past year --probably because he has grown much taller.  At the end of growth his right leg will exceed his left by 4 inches.  Right now, he's over 2 inches different, and these pictures tell his story. 

I will be excited to post part 2 of this blog:  Fibular Hemimelia After!

Did you notice, too, the scripture in the title?  A little, powerful verse God gave me this morning while I studied for Sunday School.  I spoke about teaching our children to suffer well.  The blog title is "God's Warrior," and I love that Paul, who knew suffering, was inspired to write this verse to Timothy.  We will all  face hardship; no one is excluded from difficulties --certainly our Saviour suffered while He was here.  But, how we choose to suffer is left up to us.  We can grumble and complain, blame others, become angry with God, or cry that life isn't fair.  Or, we can do as God commands and learn to "endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."  My prayer, Ethan, is that you learn to do just that!  May your Dad and I model for you suffering that glorifies the Lord.

This is Ethan's natural stance.


 In these, he is standing on his right foot to show the difference.  He was a bit wiggly, so these were the best we could do!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment