Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 7th -Surgery day for Fibular Hemimelia -leg lengthening

Glory be to God who hears and answers our prayers.  I was anxious to see how He would reveal Himself today, and He was right on time.  Ethan woke up in the recovery room groggy and sleepy, but not afraid and not in pain.  We got a private room, instead of the shared one we were expecting.   He made very few complaints, only a bit aggravated by the I.V. and epidural tubes.  He actually ordered a P.B. and J sandwich and fell asleep watching cartoons!  Does that sound like "exceedingly abundantly above" all that you asked or thought? -because it certainly surpassed my expectations.  Who was the first person he asked for in the recovery room:  Emily --who was too young to come back (made me cry --what love they have for each other).  They had a great "reunion" when he finally moved to a room.

This was the schedule we followed (for those with future surgeries)
7:30 -arrived at the hospital
9:00 -taken to a pre-op room where we met with the doctor and I suited up for the OR
9:15 -taken to the OR --I accompanied Ethan until he fell asleep
Dr. Standard's nurse met me at the door to walk me out to the waiting room and set up a class for Freddie and me and the grandmas --on caring for the fixator.  God sent her right on time; I would have melted down outside that OR, but honestly had no time.  We walked over to start the class at 10:00 --and it lasted for over an hour.  Great information!
10:40 -the OR called to say that all was fine.
11:40 -2nd call to say that all was going good
12:15 -informed that Ethan had gone to recovery
12:40 -Freddie and I went to the recovery room
3:30 -moved to a room
Dinner, visitors, asleep by 7:30

Below are the picture before and after surgery.  The fixator is covered right now.

 Watching t.v. -of course
He loved the crazy hat and the yellow gripper socks!





 Knee smiley face thanks to Dr. Standard
 It's great to have siblings.


3 comments:

  1. Praise be to our great LORD! I just know so many will be blessed by this experience and this blog! With Love - Joy Mc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful to our God for answered prayer. I love these babies and will see you all soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sindy, Freddie and family,
    You are greatly blessed with how very stong God is making each of you! We grow the deepest during the tough times, and God shapes us with the precious touch of his hands and words. Your blog will certainly inspire many, make a true difference by touching many lives and hearts! Please know that each of you are in my prayers. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were joined in prayer while your oldest little blessing was in the hospital and look at him now! Touched by God, uplifed in prayer and doing super! Thank you for sharing your heart and faith and thank you for being awesome Christian parents to your baby blessings! (you must be as a child to enter the kingdom of heaven..children are so pure, so loving, so forgiving, so helpful, and love to touch others) There's nothing greater than the love of a child and I'm so very sure your children will touch many lives!! Praises to you and Freddie for being such great parents, and praises to God for all! Love to all and forever, let me know if I can do anything for you guys! Ms. Robin

    ReplyDelete